Howdie folks, I finally pushed my first audiobook over the finishing line. Now, I’m by no means an expert at any of this stuff, but boy did I learn a lot from the process. I love learning from other people’s mistakes, so I thought I would share 8 lessons I learned from narrating and producing my first audiobook.
Read full blog here.
Listen to audiobook:
Links I mentioned:
- A sound shield (AmazonUS, AmazonUK)
- Pop filter / wind shield (AmazonUS, AmazonUK)
- Mic stand (AmazonUS, AmazonUK)
- A Blue Yeti mic and USB wire connecting (AmazonUS, AmazonUK)
- Amadeus Pro (Audacity is free and suitable for mac or PC)
- Karl Hughes Audio Mastering Services
- WeTransfer for file sending
FURTHER RESOURCES FOR YOU
Narrated by the Author: How to Produce an Audiobook on a Budget by Rene Conoulty
Audio for Authors by Joanna Penn
Storyteller: How to be an Audiobook Narrator by Lorelei King
Writing for Audiobooks: Audio-First for Flow and Impact: Author Advice from Radio Writing by Jules Horne